The Warren Planning Commission is working on a comprehensive revision to the town’s Zoning Bylaw, including a complete replacement of the zoning map and districts. The changes would affect all property in town. This review and revision to the Zoning Bylaw was recommended in the 2019 Warren Town Plan.
Due to continuing Covid-19 emergency, the Planning Commission has been unable to hold a planned series of public meetings to present the draft regulations to the community, answer questions and receive feedback. Instead, we have created a series of videos and hand-outs so Warren residents, property owners, and business owners can learn about and comment on the proposed regulations remotely.
How to Participate
We recommend that you follow these steps to familiarize yourself with the proposed regulations:
- Take a look at the proposed Zoning Map and find your property or another area in Warren that you are interested in. Each district is shown in a different color as indicated in the key on the bottom of the map.
- Watch the brief video for that proposed zoning district. The video presentation provides an overview of the zoning revision project and a summary of the pertinent information for your zoning district. It will help orient you to the proposed regulations and tries to answer what we think will be some of the most frequently asked questions.
- Download the handouts for the district(s) you are interested in.
- Follow the link to the full draft of the regulations and the large-scale version of the zoning map. You can download those documents as PDFs and comment on the online version.
- Ask questions or make comments through the contact form at the bottom of the page. If you want to get paper copies of the handouts, map or proposed regulations, contact the Warren Town Office at 802-496-2709.
An overview and comparison of the Residential and Rural districts
Learn about the Forest Recreation District.
What are the plans for the Lincoln Peak area and what are the “Resort Mixed Use” and “Resort Residential” districts?
What is the Warren Conservation District?
Discussion of the General Business District.
An overview of the 3 Historical Village Districts, the Village Commercial,
the Village Mixed-Use and
the Village Residential
Links to district standards